The South Australian German Teachers Association is a professional association of German teachers in all levels of education - primary, secondary and tertiary - who have banded together for the benefit of their students and to promote the study of German language in South Australia.
Some of our activities and involvements include:
- organising special German days, such as the German Day Out, and the Primary German Day
- working in partnership with the Goethe Institut and associations in other states to foster links and promote sharing of resources and teaching methodology
- organising the annual German Teachers Conference, where teachers can update skills, gain new ideas, discover new resources and network. The Conference in 2017 will be on May 19 and 20.
- offering a SACE Revision Course for Stage 2 and Stage 1 (also suitable for the IB Diploma)
- advocating for the study of the German language in the curriculum and supporting teachers
The SAGTA Committee meets once a month to discuss, develop and plan activities and strategies to help German teachers and students in South Australia.
We would warmly welcome new members, so that we can continue this valuable work.
Workshop notes for the
2016 South Australian German Teachers Association Conference
are available to our members here.