There have been significant changes to University bonus scheme.
The SA Language, Literacy and Mathematics Bonus Scheme encourages students to strengthen their preparation for university studies by undertaking a language other than English, or specified English and Mathematics subjects. The Scheme will apply to all courses offered by Flinders University, the University of Adelaide and University of South Australia except:
- 214941 Bachelor of Clinical Sciences/Doctor of Medicine
The University of Adelaide:
- 314552 Bachelor of Medicine/ Bachelor of Surgery
- 324491 Bachelor of Science (Veterinary Bioscience)
In this Scheme, students will be awarded two points, up to a total maximum of four points, for successfully completing a subject in any one of these four categories:
- 20 credits of a LOTE in the Languages Learning Area (not including the subject Language and Culture – two 10 credit Australian indigenous language subjects can be paired in lieu of a 20 credit LOTE);
- 2END20 English Studies or 2ECS20 English Communications;
- 2MDS20 Mathematical Studies;
- 2MSC20 Specialist Mathematics.
Successful completion is defined as gaining an Overall Grade of C- or better. Because the Scheme is designed to encourage enrolments in these subjects rather than reward outcomes, no higher bonuses will be granted for higher achievement. Subject bonuses can be used for a period of three years. Thus a student receiving an ATAR in 2015 with successful completion of one or more of the subjects listed above will be able to use their bonus for entry to higher education courses in 2016, 2017 and 2018, but not thereafter. Students undertaking the International Baccalaureate or interstate senior secondary certificates in Australia are also eligible to receive bonuses under this Scheme. International Baccalaureate and interstate subjects equivalent to the SACE/NTCET subjects listed above are shown in the table “Interstate/IB subjects pre-approved as Recognised Studies” accessible via SATAC’s information on Recognised Studies: